How to Clear Browser History on Mac OS X in the Best Way
Hey, everyone. I'm Adam and I'm here today to show how to clear browser history on Mac, thing that you can use every day on your Mac and which makes your life easier.
So, today will be fewer words and more actions, coz topic is really simple, I will show you how to clear your favorite browser (Safari, Google Chrome, FireFox) history on Mac, let's go.
There are several reasons for clearing browsing history. For example, if you were looking for some information that you'd prefer to keep confidential, you might want to clear browsing history on your Mac.
Clearing browsing history in Safari on Mac
Mac OS X default browser is Safari. Just like any other browser, it will record all the web pages that you visit and make a list of them that is known as browsing history. If you accidentally close the browser window or tab, or you want to go to a frequently visited site, you can just:
- Use the History tab (at the top of Safari window) - click on it and the click 'Show All History' in the drop down menu. You will see a list of all the sites you have visited. You can clear a certain site from the list by right-clicking on it and pressing Remove.
- This list is compiled chronologically. You can find the sites you visited on a certain date and visit them again.
- If you don't want anyone to know that you visit a certain site, you can delete browsing history by clicking 'Clear History...' at the top right corner of the window.
- After you clicked the button, you will get a pop-up window with an option to select time period which by your history will be cleared.
- Click the button and your history will be deleted.
Clearing browsing history in Google Chrome on Mac
You can clear browsing history in Google Chrome on Mac by taking the following steps:
- Open Google Chrome app.
- Just Press Cmd+Y to open History window OR Click on the icon (three vertical dot's) on the right top corner right next to the star icon. In the dropdown menu click on 'History' to open history window.
- Now press 'Clear Browsing Data' on the left.
- A pop-up window that comes up is where you can select what sites or time periods you want to clear from the list.
- Now you can click 'Clear Browsing Data' blue button to clear all Google Chrome history data from your Mac.
Clearing browsing history in FireFox from your Mac
The process of clearing browsing history in FireFox is virtually identical to the 2 previous ones. To do that you need to:
- Open "History" in the top menu bar.
- Select Show All History.
- Choose the time period that needs to be cleared, if you are not clearing all history.
- Select all the entries that you want cleared and press Delete. If you want to remove a specific link, go to it, right-click on it and choose Delete This Page.
We went through the basic methods of clearing browsing history in the most popular browsers on Mac. Clearing it manually is inconvenient and time-consuming. Besides, you need to do a fair amount of web searches to find the right way to clear browsing history in one of the browsers. Now I will tell you about the most handy and reliable method of clearing browsing history from your Mac in Safari, Google Chrome, and FireFox. Please continue reading.
Permanently Clearing Browsing History with CleanMyMac X app
CleanMyMac X is a great app, which can clear all your unnecessary browsers data at one click. So, to clear all browsing history in all your browsers at once with CleanMyMac X, you need to follow this steps:
- Download and install CleanMyMac X (it's a free download) on your Mac.
- Open CleanMyMac X app (you can find it in the Dock or in the Applications folder).
- Go to 'Privacy' tab on the left side of the interface. On the right side you will see all browser you have and some messengers apps (skype, telegram, viber etc.)
- Choose the browser you want to clear the history and check the box next to it. You will see that on the right side you have some options what exactly data you want to remove (check what you need).
- Choose the time period that needs to be cleared. Do it by going to Time range to clean (at the top) and making your selection.
- Click Remove round button at the bottom of the CleanMyMac X window to remove all browsers data you selected.
Before you clear browsing history, you will be asked to close all the open browsers. You can do it right there without interrupting the process.
If you use this method of clearing browsing history, you will ensure a quick, thorough and reliable way of clearing the data you want from accessible places. In addition, you can clear the download and chat history, if you want to (iMessage, Skype, etc.). CleanMyMac X is a great app with the great design, it has a tons of useful features which you will totally love in a few days of using it. Thank You again for reading our blog.